Creating a State Data Culture to Inform Investments in Arts Education
Tuesday, June 25, 2:00pm EDT / 11:00am PDT [PASSED]
- Ayanna N. Hudson, director, Arts Education for the National Endowment for the Arts
- Claus von Zastrow, Ph.D., principal, Education Commission of the States
Session 5 of the 2019 Webinar Series.
A recording of this presentation is available here.
The last 15 years have witnessed a revolution in state education data systems that is creating new opportunities to track students’ access to and participation in arts education. Yet most states have yet to report on the arts education data they already collect, depriving policymakers and funders of information that could help them address the most pressing needs in their states and communities.
Join a webinar to examine a collaboration between the National Endowment for the Arts and Education Commission of the States to build states’ capacity to report on the arts education data they collect. The webinar will focus on the current climate for such work in states, strategies and tools for supporting state-level data efforts, and the value of incorporating arts education data into broader efforts to promote a culture of information in states.
Participants will learn about the initiative’s current and forthcoming resources, including:
- A report on arts education metrics most states can track;
- A 50-state comparison of states’ capacity to report on those metrics;
- Two future toolkits:
- One to help stakeholders plan an arts education data initiative, offering insights on how to request, process, and report on education data;
- Second toolkit to help arts education champions communicate about arts education data;
- Plans to provide technical assistance for select states.
Join us on June 25 to hear Ayanna Hudson, director of Arts Education at National Endowment for the Arts, and Claus von Zastrow, principal of Education Commission of the States to discuss how this work complements and reinforces ongoing efforts to track arts education data at the state level. At the end of the webinar, the audience will have the chance to participate in robust discussions about potential challenges and opportunities for advancing this work.
This webinar is brought to you by the National Endowment for the Arts and Education Commission of the States, in association with Grantmakers for Education, and Grantmakers in the Arts.