Five Approaches for Making a Difference
2007, 16 pages, Foundation Source Press, 55 Walls Dr, Fairfield, CT, 06824, 800-839-0054 www.foundationsource.org
Foundation Source is a strategic advisor to over 500 family foundations. In this capacity, it has helped its clients identify and work toward a wide variety of goals. This booklet presents case studies of foundations assuming the following roles:
- Checkbook philanthropists who provide critical unrestricted support.
- Responsive funders who actively solicit proposals in their areas of interest.
- Venture philanthropists who strengthen nonprofits for scale-up and sustainability.
- Results-based philanthropists who narrow their focus to address root causes.
- Collaborative funders who partner with others to reduce redundancy and share knowledge.
Strategic Philanthropy (525Kb)