Racial Equity in Arts Funding Workshop
Grantmakers in the Arts has partnered with Race Forward and True North EDI to develop the Racial Equity in Arts Funding Workshop, which we premiered at the 2017 GIA Annual Conference. GIA has been hosting the workshop for grantmakers since 2017 to overwhelmingly positive feedback. GIA continues to offer racial equity workshops to support funders with nuts-and-bolts guidance on how to better serve African, Latine, Asian, Arab, Native American communities through their grantmaking. This workshop for grantmakers will include information on the history of racialization in the United States, the history of cultural funding, and real-world examples of racial equity funding, strategies, and resources you may bring with you back to your organizations.
We have adapted our workshops from the in-person format to offer them safely to you online. The new four-part structure will create more opportunities for reflection and dialogue without sacrificing the rich content we have prepared.
The workshop will be 12 hours and divided into 4 three-hour modules.
March Workshop Series:
- Friday March 3 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
- Wednesday March 8 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
- Wednesday March 15 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
- Wednesday March 22 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
May Workshop Series:
- Thursday May 4 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
- Wednesday May 10 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
- Wednesday May 17 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
- Wednesday May 24 | 10:00am - 1:00pm PT | 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET
For the deaf or hard of hearing, live captioning is available by request. Please contact GIA Senior Program Manager Sherylynn Sealy at least four (4) business days prior to the workshop to request live captioning.
GIA charges those with the largest grantmaking budgets a higher fee so that we are able to secure the participation and perspectives of those with smaller budgets.
|Grantmaking budget||GIA Members||Non-Members|
|Up to $1,999,999||$400 per participant||$450 per participant|
|Public Agencies||$400 per participant||$450 per participant|
|National Partners||$400 per participant||$450 per participant|
|$2,000,000 - $4,999,999||$500 per participant||$700 per participant|
|$5,000,000 and above||$700 per participant||$1000 per participant|