JOB NOTICE: Part-time Administrative Assistant, Grantmakers in the Arts
Grantmakers in the Arts (GIA) is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to join its team headquartered in the Bronx, New York.
GIA is the only national network of private, public, and corporate arts funders in the US and Canada, including independent and family foundations, public agencies, community foundations, corporate philanthropies, nonprofit regrantors, and national service organizations. GIA is widely regarded as the go-to place for relevant discussion and action within the philanthropic field. GIA’s many programs and resources can be found on this website.
GIA seeks an Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Director of Operations & Finance, the President & CEO, and the Development and Membership team.
The Administrative Assistant’s support will include:
- Lending logistical support to stakeholder-engagement events, including board meetings
- Lending administrative support to the organization’s fundraising process
- Scheduling phone calls and video conference calls with stakeholders on behalf of the Director of Operations & Finance, President & CEO, and the Development and Membership team
- Lending support to the updating of the organization’s Customer Relationship Management database and website
- Working at the annual GIA conference on tasks as needed:
- Conference tasks include attendee registration, securing attendee names at conference break-out sessions, directing attendees to conference locations, coordinating logistics with off-site venues, among other tasks
Desired qualifications and experience are as follows:
- Proven administrative and organizational skills, strong initiative, and attention to detail
- Experience and facility with meeting deadlines
- Facility with communications and scheduling platforms like Zoom, Doodle Poll, Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint and Teams
- Experience and facility with Customer Relationship Management database and website updates
- A track record of and commitment to working collaboratively with a range of constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program partners, and participants
- Proof of work eligibility and the ability to travel
This is a part-time (20 hours per week) exempt position. Travel to and participation in GIA’s annual conference is required. Some after-hours and weekend work may be required. Residence in New York is NOT a requirement. Grantmakers in the Arts intentionally considers candidates from historically underrepresented communities, including the BIPOC and disability community.
Compensation: Salary range: $20,000 - $25,000 dependent on experience.
TO APPLY: Not sure if you meet our desired qualifications? If you believe that you would excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. Candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Administrative Assistant. PLEASE no phone calls.
We will begin reviewing materials the week of September 5 and plan to select a candidate by early October.