Chasing Equity: 50 States on the Map, 10 States In Motion
Monday, October 19, 10:00am – 11:30am
Organized by Narric Rome, Vice President for Government Affairs and Arts Education, Americans for the Arts.
Presented by Joe Landon, Executive Director, California Alliance for Arts Education; Wendy Liscow, Education Program Director, Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation; and Narric Rome, Vice President for Government Affairs and Arts Education, Americans for the Arts.
Americans for the Arts launched the State Policy Pilot Program (SP3) a year ago, using state policy as a means to achieve the collective goal of equitable access to arts education for all students. A three-year, 50-state initiative, with a 10-state pilot component, SP3 includes partners from foundations, state agencies, advocacy organizations, and legislators, working together to influence the implementation of federal education initiatives and programs at the state level, and impact local access to arts instruction for students. This session will look at the various strategies pursued by the 10 pilot states, as well as national policy trends, and explore how funders can play a leadership role in state-level policy efforts that increases equitable access to arts education.
- Americans for the Arts – State Policy Pilot Program
- Americans for the Arts – The State Status Report
- A Policy Pathway: Embracing Arts Education to Achieve Title I Goals
- At the Crossroads of Arts and Equity
- The New Jersey Arts Education Partnership School Performance Dashboard
- New Jersey Shines a Light on Arts Education
- New Jersey Arts Ed Summit 2015 Brief