Arts & Health: New Momentum for Artists and Communities
Monday, October 15, 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Organized by Rohit Burman, executive director, Europe, Africa and Middle East Programs, M•A•C AIDS Fund.
Presented by Anita Boles, executive director, Society for the Arts in Healthcare; Gay Hanna, executive director, National Center for Creative Aging.
Arts and healing is an age-old pairing enjoying a contemporary renaissance. From neonatal units to end-of-life care, the arts and related therapies are accepted forms of preventative and clinical care. Join leaders in the arts and wellness field to learn more about innovative research and programs, strategies for funding in this area, and growing opportunities for artists working in community settings.
- National Center for Creative Aging
- Society for the Arts in Healthcare
- The Arts & Human Development: Framing a National Research Agenda for the Arts, Lifelong Learning, and Individual Well-Being (Authored by the National Center for Creative Aging, this white paper was produced through a collaboration between the National Endowment for the Arts and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.)
- Research Center for Arts and Culture (RCAC)
- Above Ground: Information on Artists III: Special Focus New York City Aging Artists
- Still Kicking: Aging Performing Artists in NYC and LA Metro Areas: Information on Artists IV